Wednesday, August 27, 2008

While the husband is asleep

I recieve many calls from spouses wondering if we picked up their husband or wife and if so, where we took them to. Well, here is one good example why we will never tell anyone if we picked them up, or where we took them to.

Myself: Oregon Taxi, May I have your phone number please?

Lady: I need to get a cab please, but I have a very big favor to ask you.

Myself: Ok

Lady: I need you to keep this as quiet as you possibly can. You know, no knocking on the door or nothing.

Myself: Sure, can I have you number so I can pull up your address?

Lady: Yes...Its 971-XXX-XXXX.

(As I review her calling history, I can hear her in the background whispering things along the lines; "Oh my god, I should'nt be doing this anymore." "Please, oh please, oh please".)

Myself: Ok, so you are still at 1234 X Street correct?

Lady: Yes I am.

Myself: Cool. So you would prefer we dont call or knock on your doors right?

Lady: Yes, my husband is in bed......hes sleeping right now, and I dont want him to wake up.

Myself: Ok, thats no problem. We pick up many people going to work, or elsewhere while there spouse is asleep.

Lady: Well, I'm not exactly going to work. I am going over to another guys house, and he can never know about this. I really shouldnt be doing this anymore, but I cant help it.

Myself: Its all good. I have heard many different stories of what people are doing that they dont want others to know. We won't call or knock. But if we are there and you are not outside within 20 seconds, the driver is just going to take off.

Lady: Do you have an estimated time for the driver to arrive?

Myself: Let me check.......

(I put all the information in the computer and send the order out for the computer to dispatch. I then see one of our drivers look at it and decide to accept the call)

Myself: Ok you are looking at aproximently 5 minutes. He is currently 2 miles out from you.

Lady: Excellent. That will give me enough time to throw on some deoderant and freshen up a little bit for him. Your the best!

Myself: No problem. Have a fun time.

Lady: Oh, That I definately will!

*Click*

No comments: