Monday, August 25, 2008

You can't get a cab

On an early Friday morning around 3:00am, a unbelievably dumb lady (I will call her Lucy) called me wanting to get a cab. Let just say, when I think you have something wrong with you, I will not send you a cab, or warn the driver to check for money. I enter the phone number into my computer and hit the talk button:

Myself: Oregon Taxi; may I help you?

Lady: Yes, I need to get a taxi. I am at the intersection of A street and B street.

Myself: Well, I am going to either need an address, or a buisness name. My computer doesnt allow me to put in two named streets as a pick up location.

Lady: Ok, try 1234 NE Blank Street. Its a condominium.

(I enter it into the computer and the address ends up being a few intersections over from her pick up location.)

Myself: Are you sure thats the right address? I am showing its about half a mile away.

Lady: Yes it is! (giggling in the background)

Myself: Is this a prank call?

Lady: No! No for real, I need a cab. (giggling)

Myself: Ok, where are you heading to this morning?

Lady: Uh...Uh.....I dont know yet...Southeast. I will tell the driver.

Myself: Will you be paying with cash or using a credit card.

Lady: Uhhhhhh.......cash?

Myself: Alright, I will get a vehicle out there to you.

By the tone of her voice, and her not being so sure with her answers, I decided to watch the order, and wait for a driver to accept the call. When a driver decided he wanted it I sent a message to his computer asking him to check for cash before even leaving the drive way with her. Guess what, when he arrived, she had no money, so the driver left without her.

The young lady decides to call back and speaks with another call taker. She tells him that she is going to have her brother pay for the ride at the destination. After bugging her where the destination is, she tells him that it is in Southeast, but gives him a Northeast buisness location.
We ask for her brothers information, and she hesitantly gives it to us. So we decided to give him a ring and he picks up the phone.

Brother: Hello

Myself: Hi this is Oregon Taxi dispatch, we recieved a call from you sister Lucy, and she said she was taking a cab to your location and you were going to pay for it.

Brother: Yah, thats true.

Myself: Ok, well I need an actual address to your residence were we will take her and not of the convience store

Brother: You don't need that. Why wont the store work?

Myself: Well, we need to have an address where we can send the police and have you both arrested for theft of services if you guys don't pay our driver. Just for your information, everything you are saying is being recorded also.

Brother: Uh, its 123 NE..........(Hangs up without completing the street name)

Since everything about this call was confirming this girl was going to be a fare-skipper, I decide not to send her order out, and not even bother calling her back to let her know that she was not going to get a cab. The phone rings, I put in the phone number, and her info pops up.

Myself: Oregon Taxi.

Lady: I want to check up on the status of my cab.

Myself: Yes, we called your brother and he would not cooperate with us in giving us any information, so we cant send you a cab. I recommend you call another company.

Lady: Ok! (Click)

A few calls later.....guess who?

Myself: Oregon Taxi.

Lady: Hi need to get a cab.

Myself: Well, I already told you earlier, that I cannot send you a vehicle. Why dont you take my advice and call another company Lucy.

Lady: Well this time its Latisha, and I need a cab.

Myself: Well, I still cant send you a vehicle. I already have put that phone number on the no cab list, and that user of that phone will never get a cab again from us.

Lady: What do I need to do. Should I call you from another phone number? Switch addresses? What?

Myself: Call the other companys! We are not the only provider out there. We are already tired of playing games, so you can see if someone else will take you guys.

Lady:Fine! Click!

Phone rings a few calls later with a new number on another call takers computer. They collect the info. The girls thought they were slick, and asked us to call a few minutes before arrival. There destination was even at the same store. We realise it was only a house next door to the retards. So we put that phone number on the no-cab list also.

I get sorta interested how many times they would try this, and to prevent our competetors dispatch office we work close with from getting tricked, we call them and let them know of their games so they could protect their drivers too.

The girls eventually called back a few different times checking on the status of the cabs we were not sending them, and switching locations a few house up each time. Lets just say, they most likely ended up walking because neither company went to get them.

1 comment:

got bad said...

Hey AzG... I dig the blog stories man! Keep them coming and I'll spread the word!! Funny and strange calls to say the least!
RR