Monday, August 25, 2008

Drunk Bartender

After closing time at the local bars, we frequently pick up their employees bars going home, while we start getting all the people going to the airport, or heading to work to start their shifts. We take over one thousand calls for service in our call center alone each night, not including everyone who hails a cab on the road, or the customers who call drivers phones directly.

I was getting ready for my quick 10 minute break, and decided to take one last call before stepping out I will call this guy (John) I entered his phone number into the system and pulled up his call history.

Myself: Oregon taxi.

Bartender: This is John, at the Bingo Bar, I need a cab to go home, and I am an employee. You can knock on the side door and I will meet you there.(He was slurring his words, burping, and hiccuping the whole time.)

Myself: Ok we, will get one out to you.

Bartender: How long?

Myself: Well, we are a little back up right now, so if we are not there soon, call back and we can check on the status of that for you.

Bartender: Ok. Have a good one! *Hiccup*

I log off so I can start my 10 minute break and smoke a cigarette before its time for my coworker to step out. After I am done, I walk back in, log on and take an order or two, and then the bartender calls back.

Myself: Oregon Taxi, may I help you?

Bartender: WERES MY CAB! (screaming into the phone)

Myself: Ok, let me check on that for you.

I check the computer for his information. I see that a driver still hasnt accepted the order, and that the guy has only been waiting alittle over 15 minutes.

Myself: Ok, I see that you are first up in the zone, and that we are still waiting for a driver to assign himself to the call.

Bartender: (Screams) Bull Shit!!! You fucking get off your ass, and send me a cab right now you little fucker!

Myself: Never mind, I am not sending one now. Bye! (click)

I tell my coworkers not to send him a cab if he calls, letting them know he is an angry drunk who just verbally abused me, and can barely say his name. After taking another call after the drunk, he calls me again!

Myself: Oregon Taxi.

Bartender: How long till my cab shows?

Myself: I already told you, I am not sending you a cab.

Bartender: Excuse me, do you realise how much buisness we give you guys. I demand you send me one right now.

(Two to Three calls on a Saturday night doesnt impress me for a bar on a Saturday night, though I do appreciate they refer us)

Myself: Yes, I do. But when you scream and use profanitys against me, that is not appreciated as is uncalled for)

Bartender: YES! ITS IS CALLED FOR!

Myself: No. Its not.

Bartender: Its is totally called for.

Myself: No. Its not, and you are still not getting a cab tonight. Have a good morning.

Bartender: Fuck you. I want to speak to your...

I hang up on him, and wonder if he will call back and file a complaint against me. My senior dispatcher assures me that I have followed company policy by hanging up on him after he started verbally abusing me, and will pull the voice recordings of the call and review it if needed between my boss and the bar management so they can hear how lovely their drunk employee was.

No comments: