Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crazy Dr. Pepper Man

Myself: Oregon Taxi, May I help you?

Man: Yes, I need to get a taxi.

Myself: OK, where are we picking you up from today Scott?

Man: 12345 SW Barnes Road, Apartment 233. I need to go to the store up the road.

Myself: OK, well I see you called before and asked for a taxi to show up at 10:45pm, and when a driver was there, he "No tripped" your order after waiting five minutes. What happened?

Man: Oh, well I wasn't ready then. I forgot I even called you guys. Time just flies by.

(I think to myself for a second if I even want to give this guy a second chance. I mean mistakes happen, and this guy doesn't sound very smart. His speech reminds me of a character on Loony Toons that just got hit on the head asking"Which way did he go George, which way did he go?")

Myself: OK. We can send another one out there, but if your not ready when a driver gets there, I wont be able to send you anymore cabs tonight. Which store are you going to?

Man: Well, I was thinking about going to the Blank Pantry.

Myself: The Blank..

Man: Well, I need to get stuff. I don't know exactly what though. I was thinking it would take you five minutes to get here,

Myself: probably it..

Man: and that would give me enough time to grab my shoes. I have a craving for Dr. Pepper, 8 of them, maybe in cans and not bottles.

Myself: That's fine, we...

Man: I want ice cream too! Rocky Road in a box. Dr Pepper, 8 of them, maybe some Mountain dew also. I can ride in the taxi there and back.

Myself: OK sir..

Man: the Dr. Pepper, and the ice cream I will be able to get at the same place. I want cans though and not bottles.

Myself: Sir, I need to let you go, I have other calls coming in.

Man: Oh no, I think they didn't have Rocky Road there last time. I really have a hunger for it.

*Click* (hang up on him)

I really did have other calls coming. The guy was just very annoying, and I believe he was one of those people that call in and cant help themselves from telling you literally everything they are thinking.

No comments: